Lead Software Engineer
At Edence Health, we are on the lookout for an enthusiastic Lead Software Engineer to join our team. Join a diverse dynamic team that is passionate about improving lives by providing innovative solutions to utilizing data in healthcare.
As our new Software Engineer, you design, develop and test software solutions for complex systems from start to finish with an emphasis on quality and performance. You will:
- Lead a cross-functional team to realize our clients’ vision for seamless data transformation
- Engage with clients regularly in the co-creation process to ensure development of well-structured Real-World Data / Real-World Evidence software solutions
- Have key responsibilities within the overall end-to-end delivery (design, architecture, validation) of our data solutions
- Contribute to the overall vision and definition of our software products and development process
- Communicate and share knowledge within the team regularly, via documentation, presentations, and participation in all phases of the Agile development process
- Coach and mentor junior team members to advance their career and skills
Is this you?
- You are passionate about supporting our healthcare clients to make evidence-based decisions through analysis of well-structured data
- You have a technical background in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in software engineering
- You can write high-quality, testable, performant code and have experience working with team members in the (test-driven) development process (design, test planning, reviewing merge requests)
- You are a confident communicator, both verbally and in writing, and are keen on sharing your ideas to solving complex problems
- You have team and/or tech lead experience, or are excited to develop the required skillset to becoming an effective team lead
- You have the capability to use Python and SQL, preferably with Postgres experience, or you have the willingness to become a Python and SQL expert
- You are proficient in using Git and other related workflows for version control management
- You have an affinity for big data, statistics, data science and data modeling
- You enjoy keeping busy with multiple projects at the same time
- You can convey your thoughts in English. French, Dutch and other languages a plus
Even better if:
- You have experience with developing ETL solutions
- You are curious and interested in applying other tools and techniques to optimize our solutions and processes: Python statistics and data-wrangling libraries (Numpy, Pandas, etc.), Python web frameworks and APIs (Django, Flask, etc.), SQL optimization, Python parallel computing libraries
- You have knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.) and DevOps technologies (Kubernetes, etc.)
Not quite sure you meet our lead profile? Reach our anyway! We value the right attitude over technical skills and experience. If you are willing to grow and develop into the position, we would like to help you get there!
- Professional growth is important to us! We actively listen to you and offer both formal and informal learning opportunities to reach your career goals.
- We care about making a difference! We are an international and passionate team who have one common goal – to improve lives through innovation in healthcare
- Be at the forefront of a fast-growing start-up! You will have the opportunity to shape the organization and contribute to our story.
- We value flexibility and work-life balance! You can manage your own agenda and choose to work mostly remote if desired.
- And of course, we offer a competitive salary package with a full range of supplemented extra-Cronos benefits!
We'd like to get to know you! Apply now and sent your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com